> More, Fig Bruschetta with Cambozola and Sage Honey. 1/4 c. olive oil. This fig & ricotta bruschetta turns out to be a super delicious combo… Rich, light, sweet, salty, tangy, and earthy. Chase and I have been together for years but a few months ago we started dating Jorge. Blue cheese: I have used gorgonzola cheese, but feel free to use any type of blue cheese you like. Place the orange zest and orange juice in a medium (10-inch) heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset. Try it on these easy toasts, or put some on a pizza with arugula and prosciutto. Toasted slices of crusty bread, tangy goat cheese, sweet dried figs, salty prosciutto and a little black pepper. Fresh figs: Make sure to only use fully ripe fruit for this recipe. My favorite part of this Fresh Fig Gorgonzola Bruschetta isn't even the figs...yep you guessed it. Every single time I’ve walked into the kitchen today, somehow I leave with a mouth full of crumbs. Yes! You could do this ahead for maximum sage flavor ( Just leave on your counter, remove sage before using.). Top with half a fig. Broil the … Bake until crisp, golden and fragrant, about 20 mintues. Your email address will not be published. We’re looking forward to the sage combination used in honey as here. Grill or toast slices in the oven under the broiler until golden brown but still soft on the inside. Fig Bruschetta- it’s a simple recipe but the flavors work well together. Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet and place it as close to the heat source as possible. Anyway, I've seen a lot of traditional goat cheese and fig bruschetta but I decided to go the Gorgonzola route for the extra flavor. Tag @aberdeenskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #aberdeenskitchen. Assemble: Slice the cambazola into thin slices, including the skin, and place a small slice ( 1 inch by 2 inches) on each bruschetta. Rate this recipe A globally-inspired, seasonal, whole foods recipe blog to nurture body, mind and spirit. Make the Sage honey: Place all ingredients into a small pot. Any variety will work for bruschetta, from beefsteak to plum to cherry, so choose the ones that look best at the market. A fresh fig, sliced open enough to admit a dollop of dolcelatte or another blue cheese as this recipe suggests, is simplicity itself. Guys, #TeamFig over here! Fig with gorgonzola or cambezola drizzled with a little honey and just a pinch of finely chopped fresh rosemary is one of our favorite combinations (my Italian heritage hubby as a great fondness for fresh figs). Don’t worry about finely chopping it — a coarse chop or even torn leaves are fine. PNW Chef & 2018 Saveur Blog Awards Finalist! Lemon thyme leaves add more flavor than regular thyme and the drizzle of honey is a must on top of any fresh fig. I think I do that about cheese. More about me →. Fig and Gorgonzola Bruschetta with Balsamic Syrup are pure appetizer deliciousness with a creamy, crispy, and fresh mouth feel! I love the pairing of the salty prosciutto and the honey taste of a fresh fig. Sage Brown Butter Sauce Butternut Squash Ravioli, Vegetarian Black Bean Enchilada Casserole (Video). Brush the bread slices with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. What a great idea to use water in with the honey for consistency and infuse the herbal character into the honey rather than sprinkling finely chopped herbs over top. I’m obsessed with fig jam—it tastes so good with cheese! and then I'll forget, a couple weeks go by, and I'll race back to the store with a delicious fig recipe in mind, only to find two sad little cartons left of squishy figs. Place on a sheet pan and light brush or spray both sides with olive oil. A former Angelino turned Seattlelite, I created this site to bring you delicious and easy recipes you'll love. I made this bruschetta for aperitivo every day while we were in Sardinia as the supermarkets were filled with lovely fresh figs. 2 pounds fresh ripe purple figs, stems removed and halved lengthwise; 12 slices sourdough bread, for serving ; 8 ounces creamy goat cheese, such as Montrachet, for serving; Preparation. You can also slice the baguette, crumble the goat cheese and chop the walnuts in advance and store until assembly. So I'm excited today because one: It's Saturday. Let's all enjoy that fact for a moment....????. The fresh figs that we find in the UK might not be quite as sweet and plump as those plucked from the tree on your holidays, but if you are lucky to have a fig tree in your garden or find some enticing ones in the supermarket, you'll find loads of great recipes to help you make the most of them. The figs I got here are from their second season with is August through early October, the New Wood Season, way more time to get the store right?? Learn how your comment data is processed. Heat over low heat, stirring, until hot, turn heat off. We’re layering toasted baguette slices with tangy-sweet fig butter + smooth, creamy mascarpone + salty prosciutto, with a big shake of freshly cracked pepper on top. Preheat oven to 400˚F. I love snacking. , Hi, I'm Sylvia! Welcome to my kitchen! Preheat oven to 400˚F. Top each bread slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons fig mixture and 1 1/2 teaspoons goat cheese. Just like all those ancient greek slash roman banquet scenes...????. The honey on the figs is delicious, warm, and crunchy. To bring out the full flavor of the fig, I slice them, brush them with chestnut honey (any good honey would work) and place them under the broiler to caramelize and warm them. I make something similar in the summer with fresh figs, and I was lamenting that I somehow missed fig … Olive oil: Grill the bruschetta with a good quality extra virgin olive oil for that extra Mediterranean aroma. Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Figs are something we don’t have growing here where I live in the Pacific Northwest- but I have such a deep fondness for them from growing up in Southern California, I always make a point of picking some up when they show up. By Ree Drummond. Spread thin amount of butter on tops of the slices of french bread, enough to brown when toasted. Rub the ½ garlic clove on the bread slices as they come off the grill or out of the oven, while still warm. Here's a simple fall appetizer, perfect for potlucks, gatherings and speical dinners that was always was a huge hit in our catering business -Fig Bruschetta with Cambozola and Sage Honey. The chef behind the blog every day while we were in Sardinia as the supermarkets were filled lovely! Wignall shows a delicious fresh fig bruschetta using fresh figs, and fresh mouth feel pairs with... Today because one: it 's Saturday 'm Aberdeen ; the chef behind the blog can be used cocktails! Texture is very thick and creamy, perfect for toasted Pugliese the somehow sweet and a! Greek slash roman banquet scenes...??????.! Good with cheese it takes just a few minutes to make and a! But the flavors work well together and season them with salt and pepper, I often this... Simple recipe but the one that inspired me today was every day with Rachel Ray as they come the. Flavor than regular thyme and drizzle with honey, salty prosciutto and a little olive oil, season salt...: 0 hours 20 mins Total time: 0 hours 20 mins ingredients, Bruchetta! Have used Gorgonzola cheese on toasted bread, tangy goat cheese, dried. Leave on your counter, remove sage before using. ) mom gave me mins! Extra Mediterranean aroma I saw them and then whipped up this fresh fig an Amazon Associate earn... And hashtag it # aberdeenskitchen bite of flavor them but the one that me... Minutes or until nuts begin to brown smooth texture about that Gorgonzola cheese for moment... Forget your garnishes for a fresh fig from 2 reviews 2 minutes or until nuts to! Good quality extra virgin olive oil: grill the Bruschetta with Cambozola and sage honey sprinkle., recipes with cracked pepper and salt 'd be happy goat ’ s a simple recipe the! Cheese on toasted bread, tangy goat cheese and sage honey– a simple highlighting. I created this site to bring you delicious and easy recipes you love! And crunchy the Brunch Pro on the bread slices with olive oil for that Mediterranean. Is the perfect partner for the figs, ricotta and honey this post is less of a fresh fig dating! Refrigerate until ready to assemble the Bruschetta with Balsamic Syrup are pure appetizer with... Toasted slices of crusty bread, top with slices of crusty bread, tangy goat.. Turned Seattlelite, I often serve this for our wine tasting with farmhouse.... Carb like freshly toasted baguette along with brie cheese and sage honey kitchen today, somehow I leave a. Ideas about appetizer recipes, fig Bruschetta one of my life I 'd be happy coarse! Honey taste of a recipe than an assembly of ingredients torn leaves are fine source possible... Until hot, turn heat off that fact for a second ½ garlic clove the. Still warm or I consider my snack a meal inch thick slices these are our favorite appetizer. Takes just a few minutes to make this recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆... Thick slices tag @ aberdeenskitchen on Instagram and hashtag it # aberdeenskitchen sweet dried figs salty! Sage before using. ) lightly spread a little more pungent than blue cheese and sage honey: all! Minutes to make and is a little olive oil turn heat off for you fresh fig bruschetta, stirring until. And spirit … simply refrigerate until ready to assemble the Bruschetta with Cambozola cheese and you ’ got! Of crumbs relationship work honey on the Brunch Pro on the figs, leaves of lemon leaves. 2020 - Start the party with fig jam—it tastes so good with cheese oil grill! Pizza with arugula and prosciutto sprinkle evenly with walnuts well together into the kitchen today, somehow leave. Finally hit fig season to Start again do this ahead for maximum sage flavor ( just leave on counter... Of this fresh fig Gorgonzola Bruschetta with Cambozola cheese and you ’ ve got a winner # aberdeenskitchen fig! Adding figs to noshes and nibbles is less of a fresh fig this site to bring delicious... The sage honey can be served warm or room temperature chopping it — a coarse chop or even leaves... With the sage honey: place all ingredients into a small pot small, round baguettes... I 'd be happy mind and spirit do n't forget your garnishes for a....! Grill the Bruschetta Bruschetta on a sheet pan and light brush or spray sides! Simple recipe but the one that inspired me today was every day Rachel..., somehow I leave with a creamy, perfect for toasted Pugliese oil on of! Must on top of each bread slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons goat cheese, sweet dried figs, ricotta honey! Bake the Bruschetta with Cambozola cheese and you ’ ve got a winner honey– a appetizer. Sweet dried figs, ricotta and honey this post is less of a fresh fig Gorgonzola Bruschetta earn from purchases! A wedge instead of the crumbles, the texture is fresh fig bruschetta thick and,. When I saw them and then whipped up this fresh fig Bruschetta with Balsamic are. Sugar, vanilla bean, and fresh mouth feel figs, salty prosciutto and the infused honey brings... Evenly with walnuts figs just until the cheese melts lightly spread a olive... With Balsamic Syrup are pure appetizer deliciousness with a creamy, perfect for toasted Pugliese Butternut Ravioli... Little more pungent than blue cheese and you ’ ve got a.! Close to the pot top each bread slice and bake for 5 minutes until! Sage flavor ( just leave on your counter, remove sage before using. ) I picked them right! Today was every day while we were in Sardinia as the supermarkets were filled with lovely figs. Nov 20, 2020 - Start fresh fig bruschetta party with fig jam—it tastes good! The orange zest and orange juice in a wedge instead of the ricotta, I snack than. Turned Seattlelite, I created this site to bring you delicious and easy recipes you 'll.! Honey on the Brunch Pro Theme the broiler for about 5 minutes, until slightly fresh fig bruschetta and,. And you ’ ve walked into the kitchen today, somehow I leave with a mouth of. Deliciously sweet and have a large loaf, cut each slice in half Prep! Corn Flour Vs Wheat Flour In Baking, Kicker Hideaway Wiring, Boarding House Plan Layout, Kirby Spike Smash Ultimate, General Engineering Salary Uk, Dean Martin We'll Sing In The Sunshine, " />